Restoration Along the Rocks
A gathering retreat for parents and caregivers with a teen or young adult in treatment
ST. GEORGE, UTAH
September 22-26, 2019
As a parent of a teen or young adult in treatment, your health and wellness is an essential part of the care you give. It is time to focus on you. Come connect with other parents, take a break from the stresses of home, and embrace your own healing and rejuvenation.
Imagine… sharing stories, tears, and laughter with parents who are going through a similar experience as you.
Imagine… feeling the freedom and space of the Utah desert and opening your heart in unexpected ways.
Imagine… gazing out at the purple sky and relaxing, maybe for the first time in months (or years).
Imagine… sipping mint tea as a gentle breeze warms your face with the scent of cactus bloom.
And imagine… returning home, after 4 wonderful days, feeling renewed and refreshed.
The magic of the Utah desert is the PERFECT place.
Come spend 4 days unwinding and re-focusing on YOU.
As a parent of a teen or young adult in treatment, you may have experienced a full range of emotions—sadness, shame, guilt, regret, relief, encouragement, hope, and likely a host of many more. You may have also expended most of your energy, understandably, on the well-being of your child. Unfortunately, this often comes at the expense of your own wellness. During your time with us, you finally will have the opportunity to…
- nourish your spirit with healthy foods that will make your taste buds sing.
- revitalize your body with adventures and pampering that will make your soul dance.
- exchange stories and experiences with other parents.
- learn skills to help reduce stress, live fully, and better support yourself and your family.
- create a renewed path, a renewed beginning, a renewed presence, and a renewed sense of joy.
Jamie designed this retreat specifically for YOU, to take care of YOU, and to remind YOU what it feels like to be YOU.
This is YOUR time!
During the retreat you will enjoy:
- transformational exercises and activities
- mindfulness lectures on topics relevant to the group as a whole, such as:
- “Shifting your internal dialogue”
- “Re-writing Your Story”
- “Letting Go”
- “Finding Your Voice”
- Q&A with teens & young adults post-treatment
- vinyasa yoga and movement therapy
- guided meditation
- guided hikes through the canyons and cliffs
- outdoor excursions
- evening “heart circles” and “fire ceremonies”
- private time to journal, reflect, or “be”
- group gatherings to share stories, ask questions, and receive support
- therapeutic 50-minute spa treatment (at the award-winning Sagestone Spa)
Healthy bodies, healthy minds…as a nutritionist, Jamie believes in the importance of “balanced eating.” Her approach combines the healthy with the delicious. Under the care of Chef Chad Luethje, you will savor the healthiest and highest quality ingredients available. His creations are truly gourmet! And the desserts…oh my!
Beginning with a welcome dinner the evening you arrive and ending with a farewell breakfast the day you leave, our group will relish in our meals. Jamie also will provide “take-home tips” for healthy eating and “meal preparation guides” to carry you forward into your day-to-day life.
We will accommodate all dietary restrictions.
The Red Mountain Resort sits among the Navajo sandstone cliffs and canyons on fifty-five acres of black lava gardens. The calming, earth-toned adobe campus allows nature to be the star. The luxurious villas create beautiful and spacious living. Both the Resort and the Sagestone Spa have won many awards, including Best Resort & Top Destination Spa in the West from Condé Nast and Travel & Leisure.
You’ll feel like you found a secret oasis that only YOU know about.
So what can YOU expect from the 4 restorative days and 4 dreamy nights with us?
- a renewed sense of lightness and joy
- a better ability to let go of the regret and guilt and find perspective
- a new set of expectations and perhaps even a new story to tell
- a toolbox of skills and activities to engage in healthy living, anti-stress, and better communication
- lessons learned from teens & young adults post-treatment
- an overall sensation of calm and serenity
- a new support community
- lots of fun, laughter, and adventure
Meet Your Retreat Guide
Jamie Blume, your retreat guide, knows what it is like to be a parent of a child in treatment. During his sophomore year in high school, Jamie’s son suffered the effects of anxiety and depression. Commited to her son’s healing, Jamie spent countless hours talking to professionals, researching treatment options, and seeking guidance. Jamie and her husband then made the difficult decision to send their son to a wilderness program, and, thereafter, a therapeutic boarding school. Jamie called upon her knowledge and experience to help herself and her family at that time and guide everyone through their parallel journeys.
Indeed, Jamie has spent many years helping parents turn stumbling blocks into stepping stones. Through her business, Along Their Way, LLC, she currently shares her professional expertise and personal insights with parents all over the country. Jamie holds a Bachelor of Arts from University of Michigan and three advanced degrees: a Master of Public Health from the University of Illinois at Chicago, a Master of Nutrition Therapy from Nutrition Therapy Institute, and a degree in Integrative Health Coaching from Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is an experienced holistic wellness coach, a professional mentor, a certified mediator, and a certified yoga instructor.
Jamie now lives in Colorado with her husband, three children, and two dogs. She has created a community of parents and caregivers through Along Their Way, LLC, and helps them navigate the circuitous emotional path of caring for a teen or young adult in treatment. Jamie believes in the healing properties of nature and movement. She blends her advanced education with her personal and professional experiences to guide clients towards greater self-acceptance and piece of mind.
”Jamie is the real deal. She is authentic, knowledgeable, empathetic and supportive. She helped my partner and I get through one of the most challenging times in our lives…”
”Jamie is completely nonjudgmental and compassionate. I always feeling lighter and less alone after being in presence. I encourage anyone feeling emotional pain or simply seeking personal growth to join her…”
“Jamie has helped me reframe my story and let go of the regret and guilt I felt sending my child to treatment. Sh has also inspired me to live in my body and find strength, love, and courage from within.”
“Jamie brings adventure, enthusiasm, and a playfulness wherever she goes…”
Cost of Retreat:
$2150 USD per person.
- Early Bird Savings: Register before April 15, 2019 & receive a $200 per person discount.
- A non-refundable deposit of $250 per person is required with retreat application.
- Full payment of remaining balancing is due 30 days after receipt of registration.
- Space is limited.
- Discounts may apply for couples, joint caregivers, or friends.
- all programming, including 50-minute spa service at award-winning Sagestone Spa
- villa accommodations at luxurious Red Mountain Resort
- 4 dinners, including a welcome dinner on September 22
- 3 lunches
- 4 breakfasts, including a farewell breakfast on Sept 26
- transportation to and from excursions
- all entrance fees
- transfer to and from St. George Municipal Airport (SGU)
- your airfare or transportation to St. George from home
- your transfer to and from Las Vegas McCarran International Airport
- personal, medical or trip cancellation insurance
- personal purchases
- extra spa services or any additional activities not included in programming
- all tips for drivers, maids, bell boys
Please note: if you are flying in and out of Las Vegas McCarran Airport, there are several options to get you to the Red Mountain Resort (at your own cost). Utah is one hour ahead of Las Vegas. Some Las Vegas Shuttle Services are:
Our Cancellation Policy
For The Trip: Any cancellation must be submitted in writing to Jamie Blume. Please email written requests to email@example.com. Cancellations received 60-90 days prior to trip departure will result in a 50% refund less the $250 deposit. No cancellations or refunds within 59 days prior to date of departure. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if it is not meeting the trip minimum (if we do so your deposit is refunded in full). Trip cancellation insurance is always recommended whenever making travel plans. You can use our suggested Travel Guard Insurance online and choose from several policy options.